Thick and lustrous mane have always been associated with femininity and beauty. Whatever the reason may be, losing those precious strands of hair can be extremely upsetting. So, that here we write about how to stop hair thinning naturally for male and females? Hair thinning is a common issue that is faced by men and women alike.
According to a research, approximately 40% of hair loss is experienced by women when compared to men.
Causes behind hair thinning in males and females:
• Stress: Hair thinning or hair loss may serve as an indication of stress levels taking a toll on your body. Extreme stress, be it physical or mental that may result from severe injuries, illness, surgeries or separation or death of a loved one can cause abrupt hair fall and stop hair growth.
• Poor diet: Lack of sufficient proteins in your body can be one of the reasons behind hair thinning. Consuming food that contains too much fat shall result in cholesterol plaque deposits and thinning of blood vessels that helps in the growth of hair follicles.
• Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating thyroid levels and hormones such as insulin, estrogen, and testosterone can turn your lovely tresses into a mess. Estrogen levels fluctuate during and post pregnancy, causing hair loss in women.
Foods that prevent hair thinning in men and women:
It may be normal to find those few strands of hair in your hair brush or in the sink, but if you are someone who is losing lumps of hair every single day, then it is a serious issue for sure. In both males as well as females, various hair-growth medications may seem to be the solution, but then again these may not suit everyone.
If you are dealing with extremely weak, dull and thinning strands, consuming power-packed food items such as eggs, spinach, salmon, sweet potatoes, nuts, lean meat, lentils, yoghurt, green leafy vegetables etc.
that are rich sources of proteins, vitamins and minerals can fix your hair woes to a great extent.
Natural remedies to stop thinning of hair in men and women and boost hair growth:
• Keeping a check on stress levels: Being stressed out can result in immense hair loss, hence it should be your topmost concern to reduce stress levels if you are leading a highly stressful life.
In order to curb down stress, not only you should get enough sleep, but exercise on a regular basis and practice yoga and meditation too.
• Using gentle hair products and avoid styling tools: Switching to natural and mild hair products shall be the best option the moment you notice hair thinning. Using shampoos, hair sprays and conditioners that contain harsh chemicals can cause irreparable damage to your hair.
Minimize the use of blow dryers and irons as excess heat can lead to hair breakage. Air drying your hair naturally shall promote hair growth.
Also Read: 5 Natural Ways To Grow Your Hair Faster
• Eating healthy: If sufficient intake of protein is not there in your daily diet, you may experience hair loss.
Try eating more of hair-friendly foods like dairy products, chicken, fish, liver, avocados, legumes, nuts, green vegetables etc. that shall contribute to the growth of healthy and shiny hair.
• Brushing your hair gently: Never ever brush your hair when it is wet as it tends to pull out a lot of hair. Use a wide-tooth comb so as to get rid of the tangles.
It shall be good to avoid weaves, tight braids and other pulled-back hairstyles, instead you can leave your hair open or tie it loosely.
• Drinking herbal tea: Sipping cups of tea containing herbs such as rosemary, licorice, horsetail, nettle, burdock root etc. can pave your way to getting those gorgeous locks.
• Scalp massaging: It is a known fact that massaging your scalp with coconut, jojoba, almond or sesame oil stimulates hair growth by boosting circulation in the hair follicles.
Massage your entire scalp and then rinse off your hair with a mild shampoo. Applying aloe vera gel to your scalp also lessens hair thinning.
Rules to follow in order to treat hair thinning naturally:
Making simple lifestyle changes, keeping stress at bay and consuming a protein-rich nutritious diet everyday can surely treat your thinning hair naturally, provided that you follow these golden rules religiously.